HISTORY OF CARVATECH
"...thinking in solutions", this is the motto followed by the company's two managing partners, Reinhard Aschauer and Robert Vockenhuber, and their experienced team. CARVATECH (CARosserie Vockenhuber Aschauer) is synonymous for design-oriented lightweight aluminum engineering, top quality products and the highest possible standards of safety.
CARVATECH Karosserie & Kabinenbau GmbH can look back over a long history at its production site in Oberweis. It was established at its present location shortly after the 2nd World War. With a small skilled workforce, the company took its first steps on the body-building market. After that the company quickly grew and expanded its range of products.
In 1956 the first ropeway cars were built. That marked the start of the company's successful and innovative involvement in ropeway car engineering.
In the 1970s, the company expanded its vehicle engineering business and started to produce fire engine bodies for the company Rosenbauer International AG of Leonding, one of the world's biggest fire-engine manufacturers.
With the new focus on design-oriented ropeway carriers and bodymaking for fire-engines and special vehicles, CARVATECH Karosserie & Kabinenbau GmbH was able to reposition itself on the marketplace.